Frank J. Petretti (1913-2002)
was one of Kenosha's leading residential real estate developers during the last half of the 20th century. In 1943, Frank and his wife, Corinne (1916-2004
), opened a remodeling business in Kenosha
, renovating churches and other local businesses. He built his first home in 1947 at 3717 22nd Ave.
Starting in the 1950s, Frank constructed custom-designed homes in the Allendale / Southport area. Sparked by an interest in the newly conceived idea of the “subdivision,” Petretti purchased large tracts of land and expanded his home building to Kenosha's far north side, filling in entire city blocks with homes.